FARGO — YWCA Cass Clay held its 46th annual Women of the Year event Monday, May 6, at the Delta by Marriott. The event honored 35 women and businesses from Cass and Clay Counties whose lives, talents and passions shaped the community.
The event culminated in the announcement of the 2019 YWCA Cass Clay Women of the Year recipients in 11 different categories:
- Community & Volunteer Service Recipient: Maureen Bartelt of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices.
- Education Recipient: Jana Bruhschwein of St. John Christian Preschool.
- Advocating for Equality Recipient: Dr. Dawn Duncan of Concordia College
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship Recipient: Susan Jarvis of Sanford Health
- Communication Recipient: Kirsten Jensen of Minnesota State University Moorhead
- Leader in Women's Empowerment Recipient: Ladyboss FM
- Young Woman of Today and Tomorrow Recipient: Katie Mastel of the Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber of Commerce
- Health & Wellness Recipient: Britt Selbo of YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties
- Lifetime Achievement Recipient: Cyndy Skorick of Sanford Health
- Science and Technology Recipient: Taya Spelhaug of Microsoft
- Youth Advocacy Recipient: Sara Stallman of Lutheran Social Services