Keep the winter chills at bay with this colorful Thai inspired curry. Pumpkin and basil flavors meld to make this dish refreshing and satisfying. Add your own twist by switching up the protein or veggies. Serve over your favorite rice.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 40 minutes Total Time: 1 hour
2 tablespoons oil
6 tablespoons green curry paste
4 teaspoons minced garlic
4 teaspoons ginger paste
1 lb. chicken thighs
1 small head of cauliflower
1 red pepper
½ pound green beans
2 cups pumpkin
1 cup chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
1 cup Thai basil
1. Gather and prepare your ingredients. Break or cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Chop the onion, red pepper, and green beans into bite size pieces. Peel and julienne the carrots. Roughly chop the basil. Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
2. In a large pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add curry paste, garlic, and ginger stirring till fragrant.
3. Add meat and cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
4. Add vegetables. Stir to combine.
5. Add pumpkin, broth, and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, stir in basil, and serve.
*Make this recipe vegetarian by substituting a can of garbanzo beans or a cup of lentils and an extra cup of broth. It's super tasty either way.